It was a night to remember in Awesome Assam’s Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati, where The 65th Filmfare awards were held.
A star- studded award night with all celebs including Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Kartik Aryaan in lavish designer outfits walking the red carpet. This year the the awards were hosted by Karan Johar, Vicky Kaushal and Varun Dhawan.
They did a great job and entertained the audience with their witty and humorous jokes.
There were some lit performances by stars, Ranveer Singh, Kartik Aryan and Varun Dhawan performances were the highlight of the show.
This year the film Gullyboy directed by Zoya Akhtar bagged 10 filmfare awards , including Best Film in popular category, Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt also performed on the song” Apna Time Aayega” On stage while receiving the black lady.
Brilliant actresses Bhumi Pednekar and Tapsee Pannu won the Best Actor (Female) in Critics Choice. Both have shown there excellent work in the Film “Sand Ki Aankh” where both played the character of sixty- year old women shooting players.
The film showed that age is just a number, and dreams can come true at any point in the lifetime. It inspired the audience in many ways and loved by them.
Another, Film which stole the show last night was Ayushmaan Khurana starrer “Article 15”, And won total 3 fimlfares.
It throws light on the caste system discrimination, still there are some rural areas where caste discrimination issues are there.
Ayushmaan played a cop in the film who fought against the norms of the society.The Film won Best Film in critics choice, and the Actor won Best Actor in leading role(Male) in critics choice.
It will not be wrong to say that Filmfare’s are the Oscars for Indian films.And Every Bollywood Actor aspires to win a Filmfare in thier career.
In 2019 there were some excellent films and work done by the actors.
List of Winners
- Best Film(Popular)- Gullyboy
- Best Film (Critric Choice) – Article 15
- Best actor Female (Popular)- Alia Bhatt for Gullyboy
- Best actor Female( Critrics Choice)- Bhumi Pednekar for Sand Ki Aankh
- Best actor Male (Popular)- Ranveer Singh for Gullyboy
- Best actor Male(Critrics Choice)- Ayushmaan Khurana for Article 15
- Best Actor in Supporting role(Male)- Siddhant Chaturvedi for Gullyboy
- Best Actor in Supporting role(Female)- Amruta Subash for Gullyboy
- Best Director (Popular)- Zoya Akhtar for Gullyboy
- Best Playback Singer ( Female)- Shilpa Rao
- Best Playback Singer ( Male)- Arijit Singh
- Best Lyrics of Song- Divine for the song ” Apna Time Aayega”
- Best Debut Actor (Male)- Abhimanyu Dasani for Mard ko dard nahi hota
- Best Debut Actor (Female)- Ananya Panday for Student of the year 2
This year was lucky for the Fim Gullyboy,it became the film which won the most filmfares last night. Article 15 starring, Ayushman Khurana and Uri-
The surgical strike, starring Vicky Kaushal also did quite well.